League Director: Allen Johnson, email@example.com
The U9 age group uses the following general parameters:
· Size 4 soccer ball.
· Goal size 6.5 feet x 18 feet.
· Allowed up to two hours of practice time per week (one, two-hour practice; two, one-hour practices; or one, one-hour practice - per coach request).
· Games are played 6v6. This includes the goalkeeper. Coaches and the referee may expand the total on the field to 7v7 only if both coaches agree. Referee will adjust accordingly.
· Games consist of two, 25-minute halves. Total playing-time: 50 minutes.
· Goalkeeper is not allowed to pick up or handle the ball if it is deliberately passed-back from a teammate.
· Goalkeepers cannot pick up or handle a ball outside the penalty area.
· Goalkeepers may not punt a ball in their possession. Throwing or rolling the ball to a teammate is allowed. Placing the ball on the ground and kicking it is OK as well, and the ball is in-play as soon as the ball is placed on the ground.
· Heading the ball is prohibited in games and in practices. A ball that is “headed” by a player whether purposefully or accidentally is adjudicated by the referee as applicable.
· Build-out lines are utilized.
· Throw-ins are used for balls that go out-of-bounds along the side of the field (“kick-ins” are not used).
· Offside law applies from the build-out line, not the mid-field line.
· Penalty kicks are taken when applicable. Penalty “shootouts” are not taken. A game that ends in a tie, is a tie.
· Free substitutions are allowed – with permission of the referee – at the following times:
o Prior to a throw-in: by either team,
o Prior to a goal-kick taken: by either team,
o Prior to a corner-kick taken: by either team,
o After a goal scored: by either team,
o After an injury, for the injured player only and only when the referee stops the play, and
o At half-time.
· No jewelry of any kind is allowed (includes watches and Fitbits). Earrings may NOT be taped down. Earrings MUST be removed. A player cannot play with earrings.
· Shin guards must be worn, covered completely by socks, during all practices and games.
· Soccer cleats are not required, but recommended. Metal cleats, or cleats with “toe” studs are not allowed (e.g., baseball cleats or “American football” cleats).
· Teams will be on opposite sides of the field and corresponding supporters sit with their respective teams. Spectators should remain a minimum of 2 yards (6 feet) away from each corresponding sideline to allow coaches, players, and referees access to the field. Spectators should cheer for the team, not shout instructions.
· Spectators and coaches are not allowed to stand/sit next to the goal, in the area directly behind the goal, along the goal line (from corner flag to corner flag), or from the top of the penalty area to the corner flag.
· Two adults must be present at all team activities.
· Medical Liability/Treatment Forms must be carried by coach/assistant coach at all team activities.
· Pets of any kind are NOT allowed.